Friday, October 31, 2008

Semi awaits us :)

Yesterday was stunning, really. The talent contest went pretty well. My band and I arrived at school at 12 and we've already seen lots of people there performing, waiting, rehearsing. We arrived pretty earlier I must say, as we were the last to present. *wth*

There were 24 groups in the preliminary, and only 8 will go in the semi final which will be held on Monday. Yep we were pretty nervous, and excited. And that taught us a really good lesson. Sorry I didn't take any photos cause my hands were shivering, hehe blame me :D

Finally our turn, everyone was tired of waiting. We were in front of 60 plus people in the multimedia room testing our mics and instruments. I wasn't suppose to be nervous cause my church has more than 60 people, and I play there every week......but.......I really felt the chill yesterday.

I gave the starting tempo and.... something went wrong. Jeremiah's starting solo was a bit sloppy but nvm mind I could still get myself into his beat but then it didn't sound so good. Seems like everyone was playing on our own kind of feeling.

He helped himself to get into the verse and it went on smoothly, finally. Damn I was so nervous when we did the intro, everyone kept starring at us, like...... "did something go wrong?" Well I'm not blaming you Jeremiah, I know you did your best.

Nvm we were back on the beat and we did pretty well. Only that Jeremiah's mic was too soft. Damn why wasn't there anybody there to make it louder? Our instruments covered his voice. I couldn't hear him. But then we completed the song on full throttle. But I really admit that my drums were too loud, sorry bah I was so into the song. And I guess everyone liked our performance, in the end I still think that we should have done better.

Anyways, we were waiting our results outside as the judges were making their final decision. Only 8 goes it, only 8. Surprisingly we did go in the semi finals. I didn't know how was my reaction when Joie told me the result but definitely we were happy and glad :D

I must say that the others performed well also. Ben's group aren't bad as they were the top scorer in the preliminary round. The dancing group isn't bad, they danced pretty well. And I think that the shuffling mimes were really good. Hehe.

Monday will be the day, which we will perform in front of thousands of people in the school hall. Pressure is rising but we are ready.
To all the semi finalists, all the best :)

No comments: