Thursday, September 25, 2008

~Marine Ate Steak!~

Finally our band have submitted ourselves in the TTSS talent competition. Gosh we took so long to settle down everything, the instruments, the registration fees, practices and so on. We are called Marine Ate Steak! Seriously, I've forgotten how that came into our minds. It's a little bit funny when we read it the first couple of times but after that we think that it's cool. Our band consists of six people, seems to be a lot eh? I'm on the drums, Fay and Jeremiah are the vocalists and guitarists, Jacintha is on the main electric guitar, Michelle and Johnath are our keyboardists. Sounds complicated and different right? I feel the same way. We don't have a bass guitarist! Well you can't find a better bass guitarist in TTSS Senior 1 right now, they are facing extinction. Steffi has her own band and Joie is not allowed to join as she is one of the members of Drama Club(frustrated). From there one of the keyboardist should play the bass by using KEYBOARD. Yeah I know that will sound weird and unnatural. Hopefully we can work well together as a team.

Fay and I talked about our practice during math lesson. We can't wait for it. But unfortunately we're facing some problems. We don't have a jamming place like others have. So I planned to buy myself a drumset. Well this is not the first time that I think about this matter. How could a drummer can improve more without having his own drumset? My biggest problem is that I don't have a place to display my drumset. BUT smart Fay suggested me to buy a cheaper one and keep it in my store room so that I can use it when we practice. Ain't that smart? Or just that I'm dumb for not have thought about it earlier. I'll negotiate with my mum tonight that I'll need a drumset ASAP! When it comes to my budget, my thoughts just keep lingering around my mind. Probably I should just buy a RM1000+ for temporary only.

In order to prepare for the competition, I've currently changed my grip from normal(modern) drumsticks grip to traditional grip. My teacher thought me that, and I found out it was quite difficult when I just picked up this grip. Now I think it's quite cool actually to hold the left hand stick like that.

Traditional Grip:)

Found a funny cartoon video on Youtube.

1 comment:

Federick Ling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.