Sunday, January 11, 2009

Where? When? How?

Hai guys how's life? How's school? Yeah I bet most of the TTSS people aren't enjoying it at the moment...

It was English lesson, our class was being taught by teacher Teresa. While she was explaining the poem 'the road not taken', thousands of things are lingering in my mind here...

After this year, after SPM, all of us are gonna make our own choices regarding where to proceed next. Most of the TTSS people would rather stay for another year for UEC. Some would go to college. Some would prefer A levels. Some decided for overseas blah blah~

What's my decision? I'm so worried about my future, about what am I gonna study, where to go, how take care of myself, where to get money and stuff... It's just a barrier which blocks my way to proceed anymore furthur, just stuck there...

I wouldn't wanna stay in TTSS for another year of form 6, sometimes while thinking of it, it tortures me. You are asked to study Chinese, BM and other subject for another year, it's gonna be.... ages!!! And students are concern about their hair and attire, have to follow another year of school rules and regulations.

A levels is one of my choice though, going IS should be more 'friendly' for me than staying at TTSS. And you are only asked to choose the subjects you desire...

Yeah all these are for furthur studies in the market industries for jobs like accountant, bank manager, lawyers, architects etc etc. But I'm still thinking of whether to study MUSIC. For most parents, study course such as this is risky and just.... different from the others. You don't require much intelligence in it, not much of brilliant or flying colour results.
All you need......is PASSION!!!~
Actually I never quite agree with myself to go for it, but the more I think of it, the more I desire of going for it.

I've been learning or so called 'studying' drums for 3 years already and now I'm serving everywhere. In church, my own band, school's band, teaching beginners....

A lot of people think that I only love DRUMS..... LOL how wrong could you guys be... I love drums yes, but the main point here is I love MUSIC. I love guitar too although I don't play it, I love bass, not piano though hehe... It's just that I'm specialized in drumming... and not long to go I'll be playing the saxophone.

I mean.... I LOVE MUSIC. Not just listening to it. I feel it. Yeah I know it sounds a li'l bit gay but it's not. I could use my time on the internet searching songs on youtube the whole day during my holidays. I went to De Notes everyday during the two weeks preparation of the event. It's schooling day now but still almost 50% of my schedule is on MUSIC. English worship, Chinese worship, De Notes upcoming events, drums class, drums lesson, saxophone lesson, De Notes band practice...

But studying music is never easy. You need passion, some talent, lots of patience and tolerance, willingness to be hardworking .You may be criticized badly or being judged by anyone who is on the same path with you. You may be broken down by their words and actions...

I'm not showing off here but seriously I need some precious comments. Yah you could ignore reading all these trash I've typed here, but if you show some concern I would say thanks and please leave your comments.

2 comments:

cal said...

what can i say?
i m a very CARING stalker after all, haha xD
well...u can always study both?
or just wait and see lar, what will happen?

yea...i suck at giving advise

Federick Ling said...

Yeah yeah VERY CARING STALKER haha!
Although your comment isn't helping much but thanks for dropping by =)